The perfect side dish to an elegant or celebratory main course, or the welcome addition to any potluck supper, scalloped potatoes are one of those dishes that seem complicated, but are deceptively simple. You'll need to put in a bit of "peeler time" to get the spuds ready for the oven, but after that it's just a long bake and a short standing period to let the sauce thicken. Then, voila! you're ready to serve.
Recipe From bettycrocker.com
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
This is the way my mother always made her scalloped potatoes. The measurements are taken from other recipes because she always just winged it, but the method is the same. The key is to heat the milk first!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Jane Boswell-Purdy
Number Of Ingredients 6
This delicious casserole hasn't been compromised by garlic and some other seasonings to detract from the traditional southern flavor, or gunked up with cheese to turn it into a gratin or doria. We enjoy this authentic southern dish year-round, so good in its creamy simplicity and subtle flavors. My family always expects it for Christmas dinner alongside the ham and cranberry chutney. Be your own judge regarding measurements. I learned from my grandmother and she never measured, so I've learned to guestimate on many of my recipes. NOTE: This dish can easily be frozen after baking, then thawed out and reheated. I do not recommend freezing without baking first, since potatoes will sometimes get mushy if frozen uncooked. I personally do not like a tin baking pan for this particular recipe, especially for freezing, since it can sometimes impart a "tinny" taste. Also, if this recipe is baked in a glass baking dish and then frozen, the glass will shatter if not at room temperature. So, if freezing in a glass baking dish, I recommend baking and freezing in Corning Ware since it will not break.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Stella Mae
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
People also searched
More about "southernscallopedpotatoes recipes"
SOUTHERN STYLE SCALLOPED POTATOES - PUDGE FACTOR
2021-12-05 · Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray large casserole dish with non-stick spray. In a large casserole dish, layer the ingredients as follows: ⅓ of the …
- Cook potatoes in large pan with water salted with 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt just until tender, 4 to 5 minutes after the water comes to a boil. Drain in colander.
- In a large casserole dish, layer the ingredients as follows: 1/3 of the drained potatoes, 1/3 of the flour (about 1 1/2 tablespoons), 1/3 of the butter (about 1-1/2 tablespoons), freshly ground black pepper, and 1/3 of the sliced Velveeta cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces). Repeat for 2 additional layers. Pour milk evenly over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until top is browned and mixture is bubbly. Remove from oven and top with shredded Cheddar cheese. Return to oven and bake for 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and serve.
EASY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - A SOUTHERN SOUL
2020-10-23 · Layer potatoes sprinkle on Parmesan cheese, and fresh thyme. Ladle half of the sauce over the potatoes. Add a second layer of potatoes, …
- In a medium-size pot, melt butter. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle in flour, stir to combine, and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Carefully pour in the stock and whisk to combine with flour mixture. Add in the milk, salt, and pepper, whisking all together. Bring the mixture up to a simmer and continue to whisk until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Layer half of the potatoes in the prepared dish. Sprinkle on half of the thyme and Parmesan cheese. Ladle over half of sauce and repeat layer of potatoes, remaining sauce, thyme, and cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
EASY SOUTHERN CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE
2018-03-30 · Melt butter in a medium-size skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Then, add the flour and whisk until …
- Melt butter in a medium-size skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Then, add the flour and whisk until smooth. Cook for about one minute, whisking constantly.
- Continue whisking and slowly add the milk. Keep whisking until the mixture is smooth and lump-free. Add the salt, red pepper and nutmeg.
- When the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, reduce the heat to low and add one and one-half cups of cheese. Once the cheese has melted, remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
SOUTHERN, SOUL FOOD SCALLOPED POTATOES - DIVAS CAN COOK
2018-03-29 · Drain potatoes on a kitchen towel and set aside. Over medium heat, in a large deep skillet, melt the butter. Add the onions and …
- Slice them 1/8 inch thick with a mandolin and place the slices in cold water to prevent them from browning while you're working.
CLASSIC PARMESAN SCALLOPED POTATOES - SOUTHERN LIVING
2021-08-18 · Directions. Preheat oven to 400°F. Layer potatoes in a 13- x 9-inch or 3-qt. baking dish. Stir together cream and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour cream mixture over potatoes. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, stirring …
SCALLOPED POTATO RECIPES
Allrecipes has top-rated scalloped potato recipes so you can turn sliced potatoes into a creamy and comforting side dish with milk, and even a bit of ham. Potatoes Au Gratin; Potato Casseroles; Pin Share Tweet Email Save. Scalloped …
ULTIMATE SCALLOPED POTATOES - SOUTHERN DISCOURSE
2021-03-17 · Whisk until smooth. Cook on medium low for 2-3 minutes, whisking to prevent scorching, until sauce thickens up. Layers. In the bottom of the 9×13 pan, layer in 1/2 of the sliced potatoes. Cover with ALL of the slivered onions. …
THE SECRET TO MAKING THE BEST SCALLOPED POTATOES - SOUTHERN LIVING
2022-10-14 · To start, the scalloped potatoes need time to bake. Make sure to cook the dish at a low temperature. High heat will cause the milk to curdle. Use milk or cream with higher fat …
SOUTHERN SCALLOPED POTATOES | 12 TOMATOES
Preheat an oven to 375° F. Make the béchamel with a large sauce pot over medium heat. Melt the butter and add the flour until wet sand forms, cook mixture for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and …
SOUTHERN SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - YOUTUBE
Thick-cut potatoes tossed in a creamy creole sauce and baked to perfection with a gruyere crust.
SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH HAM RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
2022-08-10 · Whisk together heavy cream and flour; set aside. Arrange 2 even layers of potato slices in prepared dish; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top with one …
SOUTHERN SCALLOPED POTATOES | HOW TO MAKE SCALLOPED POTATOES
Southern Scalloped Potatoes | How To Make Scalloped PotatoesScalloped Potatoes are an easy classic recipe, perfect for your Easter dinner, Christmas, Thanksg...
SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
2019-12-08 · Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside. In a medium-size mixing bowl whisk together cream, half and half, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, Dijon and …
PRESIDENT EISENHOWER'S SCALLOPED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE
2022-12-03 · Step 4. Heat pineapple juice, brown sugar, and butter together in a saucepan.
15 BAKED SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
How To Make Cheesy Potatoes Casserole. Add frozen hashbrowns, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and cheese to a large bowl and mix well. Add the potato mixture to a large baking dish …
BEST SOUTHERN SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
Explore RAMDOM_KEYWORD for thousands of unique, creative recipes. Best Southern Scalloped Potatoes Recipe: Optimal Resolution List - BestDogWiki Vegetarian Recipe
BEST INSTANT POT SCALLOPED POTATOES - LZBFOOD.SOUTHERN.COM.MY
Please fill out this field. Dinners . Dinners
HOW TO MAKE THE BOMB SOUTHERN SCALLOPED POTATOES - YOUTUBE
️ SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/divascancookfan Cheesy, creamy scalloped potatoes! One of my FAVORITE side dishes! These scalloped potatoes are not here to pla...
SOUTHERN LIVING CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Place half of potato slices evenly in a lightly greased 11x7" baking dish; pour half of cheese mixture over potatoes. Repeat layers with remaining half of potato slices and cheese mixture. …
HAM DINNER MENU IDEAS: THE 35+ BEST SIDE DISHES
2022-12-03 · Easy Instant Pot Ham Recipe - This easy pressure cooker recipe can be made with sugar-free ingredients. Or make the brown sugar glaze with regular brown sugar and …
SOUTHERN SCALLOPED POTATOES | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE …
1) In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour. 2) Carefully stir until it becomes slightly brown rue. 3) Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.