This easy and impressive pasta is always on the menu when my husband and I have new friends over for dinner. Years later, they've asked me to make this Penne alla Vodka recipe again. -Cara Langer, Overland Park, Kansas
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
THE ABSOLUTE BEST PENNE ALLA VODKA ANYWHERE!! CREAMY, RICH, TOMATO, VODKA SAUCE, WITH PROSCUITTO. I GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE THIS DISH!! *tip* squeeze the tomatoes to drain them so the sauce isnt watery
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Bri22
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
One of the best and easiest recipes I have tried. You can find pancetta at any good Italian deli, try not to substitute as it makes the dish. This is also very good with shrimp added in the last few minutes of simmering. If you like spice, add a dash or 2 of red pepper flakes.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Rick Naylor
Number Of Ingredients 7
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
Although this dish, now listed on countless Italian restaurant menus, has a certain novelty, it takes just one bite to discover how successful the combination is. This version comes from Le Sirenuse, in Positano, Italy.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
People also searched
More about "penne alla vodka recipes"
PENNE ALLA VODKA (BEST VODKA SAUCE!) - COOKING CLASSY
2020-02-17 · Instructions. Bring a pot of water to a boil to cook pasta. Season water with salt. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and …
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and prosciutto saute 4 - 5 minutes, add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute 1 minute longer.
- Remove pan from heat and add tomatoes, vodka, season with salt and pepper to taste. Return to medium-high heat, bring to a simmer then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until strong alcohol scent has cooked off, about 15 minutes**, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and drain pasta.
BEST PENNE ALLA VODKA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PENNE WITH …
2022-02-13 · Directions. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. …
- Add tomato paste and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring frequently, until paste has coated shallots and garlic and is beginning to darken, 5 minutes.
- Add vodka to pot and stir to incorporate, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | PENNE ALLA VODKA | RECIPES
Penne Alla Vodka. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat the oil in a medium (11-inch) Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset, over medium-low heat. Add the …
- Heat the oil in a medium (11-inch) Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset, over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes and cook for just one minute. Add the vodka and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, until the mixture is reduced by half. With clean hands, crush each tomato into the pot. Add 2 teaspoons of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and bake for 1½ hours.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons of salt and the pasta and cook according the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Pour the tomato mixture into a food processor fitted with the steel blade and puree until smooth. (You can also use a blender.) Return the tomato mixture to the pot. Add the fresh oregano, cream, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and simmer partially covered for 10 minutes. Add the pasta to the sauce and cook for 2 more minutes. Off the heat, stir in ½ cup of the Parmesan cheese and serve hot sprinkled with extra Parmesan and fresh oregano.
PENNE ALLA VODKA | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
When the water for the pasta comes to the boil add a good measure of salt and tip in the penne. Set a timer for 3-4 minutes less than the packet instructions for cooking it, as you want to make sure it's cooked al dente and will need to start …
PENNE ALLA VODKA RECIPE - SIMPLE JOY
2021-06-06 · This Penne Alla Vodka recipe is the perfect thing to cook with the person you love for a special date night in. What is Penne Alla Vodka. The exact origins of penne alla vodka are unknown. What we do know for sure is that it is a delicious and easy pasta dish made with tomatoes, cream, and pancetta that will feel like eating at a fancy restaurant. This great pasta …
PENNE ALLA VODKA RECIPE - FOR THE LOVE OF SAZóN
2021-07-08 · Make your pasta: First things first, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta as directed by the packaging. Make your sauce: Add 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil into a saute pan, and heat over medium-high heat. Once hot, add your diced onions and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes, until the onions ...
PENNE ALLA VODKA (WITHOUT VODKA) - TIGER CORPORATION U.S.A.
2022-08-13 · Brush the inner pot with 1 tablespoon olive oil to prevent the noodles from sticking. Add the remaining olive oil, penne, garlic, pepper flakes, oregano, chicken stock, tomato sauce, salt, cherry tomatoes, and stir.
PENNE ALLA VODKA - EASY MEALS WITH VIDEO RECIPES BY CHEF JOEL …
Penne alla vodka, an Italian American dish that became popular in the 1980s. The recipe is quite simple to make, using basic Italian ingredients plus of course some vodka. The vodka seems to bind the sauce together giving you a rich smoothness and the alcohol increases the flavour, so don’t flambe it all away. If you can’t drink alcohol ...
EASY PENNE ALLA VODKA RECIPE - SPLASH OF TASTE
2022-04-19 · How to make penne alla vodka sauce with step-by-step instructions. Making the best penne alla vodka recipe is easy if you follow our simple instructions. First, bring a pan of salted water to a boil and cook your penne pasta according to the package directions. When draining the pasta, reserve some pasta water for use later.
PENNE ALLA VODKA RECIPE - BELLY FULL
2022-02-23 · Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Stir in the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and half of the reserved pasta water. Allow the mixture to simmer for 2 minutes over medium-low heat. Add in the heavy cream, vodka, and reserved cooked bacon. Allow it to simmer for about 4 minutes.
PENNE ALLA VODKA | FOOD & WINE
Step 1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and light golden brown, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red ...
PENNE ALLA VODKA RECIPE - MASHED.COM
2021-09-20 · Pour in 1 can of crushed tomatoes, ½ cup of vodka, 1 tablespoon of sugar, ½ teaspoon of kosher salt, crushed red pepper (if using), and a few cracks of pepper. Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and allow the sauce to simmer gently for about ten to 15 minutes.
PENNE ALLA VODKA PASTA - DINNER AT THE ZOO
2022-01-13 · Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Place the tomatoes in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Pour the tomato puree into the pan. Add the vodka to the pan. Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes over medium low heat.
THE BEST PENNE ALLA VODKA RECIPE • SALT & LAVENDER
2020-05-20 · Instructions. Boil a generously salted pot of water for the penne and it cook al dente according to package directions. Meanwhile, add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion for about 5 minutes or until softened (ok if it lightly browns). Stir in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
PENNE ALLA VODKA RECIPE - VINCENZO'S PLATE
2021-10-24 · Add the peeled tomato we crushed earlier into the pan with the pancetta, vodka, and onions. Mix the penne alla vodka sauce slowly using a wooden spoon and cook at a medium-low heat for at least 15-20 minutes. Break the basil leaves using your hands and toss them into the pan. The sauce should start to slowly thicken.
PENNE ALLA VODKA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
2021-09-16 · Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds more. Do not brown.