Memphis, TN is famous for Elvis Presley, Graceland and fantastic barbecue. This is my version of those famous ribs.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by PaulaG
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
People also searched
More about "memphis style ribs recipes"
MEMPHIS-STYLE RIBS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
Web 2010-05-18 · Transfer ribs to a rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate uncovered for at least 6 hours or overnight. Build a medium …
- Stir peppercorns, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat until toasted, about 2 minutes. Let cool. Put into a spice grinder with next 6 ingredients and pulse until finely ground. DO AHEAD Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Sprinkle half the dry rub onto ribs and massage rub into the meat. Transfer ribs to a rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate uncovered for at least 6 hours or overnight. Build a medium fire in one side of a charcoal grill and arrange a drip pan opposite the coals. (Alternatively, heat a gas grill to medium.) Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar in a small bowl; set mop sauce aside. Add wood chips to coals or smokebox and brush grill grate with oil. Put ribs on grill so they sit over the drip pan; cover and cook over indirect heat, replenishing charcoal as needed and brushing with mop sauce occasionally, until ribs are tender and pulling away from the bone, about 2 hours. Transfer ribs to a baking sheet, sprinkle with remaining dry rub, and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
MEMPHIS-STYLE RIBS - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
- Prepare the ribs and rub: Remove the thin, papery skin from the back of each rack of ribs by pulling it off in a sheet with your fingers, using the corner of a kitchen towel to gain a secure grip, or with pliers.
- Combine the paprika, black pepper, brown sugar, salt, celery salt, cayenne, garlic powder, dry mustard, and cumin in a small bowl and whisk to mix.
- Prepare the mop sauce (if using): Mix together the cider vinegar, mustard, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- When ready to cook, if using a charcoal grill, toss the wood chips on the coals. Brush and oil the grill grate. Arrange the ribs on the hot grate over the drip pan.
- When the ribs have cooked for an hour, uncover the grill and brush the ribs with the mop sauce (if using). Recover the grill and continue cooking the ribs until tender and almost done, 1/4 to 1/2 hour longer for the baby back ribs, 1/2 to 1 hour longer for spareribs.
- To serve, cut the racks in half, or, for a plate-burying effect, just leave them whole.
SLOW-COOKER MEMPHIS-STYLE WET RIBS | COOK'S COUNTRY …
Web WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS. For flavorful ribs from the slow cooker, we cut the St. Louis-style ribs in half crosswise, coated each half liberally in a spice rub (a mix of paprika, brown sugar, salt, pepper, onion powder, …
HOW TO MAKE MEMPHIS STYLE RIBS | KEVIN IS COOKING
Web 2018-02-28 · Set aside. Whisk together the mop sauce ingredients. Set aside. Peel membrane off from the back of ribs. Apply 3/4 of the dry rub all over both sides of the ribs. Reserve 1/4 of dry rub to apply before slicing …
MEMPHIS-STYLE PORK SIDE RIBS RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
Web Oil grill, then barbecue ribs, with lid open, turning and basting with sauce, until ribs are glazed and heated through, 8 to 10 min. Remove to a cutting board. Slice into 1-rib portions and serve ...
MEMPHIS-STYLE DRY RIBS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
Web 2020-04-20 · For the dry rub: Mix together paprika, dark brown sugar, kosher salt, granulated garlic, celery salt, chili powder, black pepper, onion powder, dried thyme, dried oregano, mustard powder, and celery seed in …
MEMPHIS STYLE DRY RUB RIBS - HEY GRILL, HEY
Web 2022-05-19 · These Memphis style ribs are a BBQ staple and a recipe that every BBQ enthusiast should have in their back pocket. Smoky and tender, with a perfect amount of seasoning from my homemade …
MEMPHIS-STYLE BABY BACK RIBS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Web Fold the foil over the ribs and crimp the edges, leaving one side open; pour 2 tablespoons apple juice into each packet and crimp the final edge to seal. Return to the grill and cook …
MOUTHWATERING MEMPHIS RIB RUB RECIPE - PAMPER YOUR PORK RIBS!
Web 2019-07-12 · One tablespoon onion powder. Two teaspoons garlic powder. Two teaspoons mustard powder. One teaspoon ground cumin. One teaspoon ground cayenne. Add all …
MEMPHIS STYLE RIBS – RAWSPICEBAR
Web 2017-05-15 · Ingredients 1 oz RawSpiceBar Memphis Sidewheel Dry Rub2 tbsp salt2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar1/4 c. distilled white vinegar1/4 c. water1 rack baby back ribs or St. …
TEXAS SUGAR DRY RUB RIBS - MEMPHIS STYLE RIBS – MEAT CHURCH
Web 2022-09-21 · This recipe and video is all about our brand new seasoning, Texas Sugar. This is a versatile sweet, heat pork and poultry rub. It is fantastic on ribs, pulled pork, chicken, …
MEMPHIS RUB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Web 2021-08-29 · Steps to Make It. Gather the ingredients. In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients—paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, celery …
MEMPHIS STYLE RIBS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW - THEBARBEC
Web 2022-07-17 · To get the Memphis style dry pork rib, you will need your clean smoke, your favorite rib, and of course, the super spicy dry rub seasoning with your secret ingredients …
MEMPHIS STYLE RIBS – EATPLUCK
Web Memphis Style Ribs. Ryan has been a chef for 11 years working for top restaurants, national sports teams and celebrities. He has held all the positions including that of sous …
MEMPHIS STYLE RIBS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
Web After 30 minutes, flip the foil bundles and continue cooking. After 1 hour of cooking, remove the ribs from the grill and let rest in the foil for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, raise grill heat to …
MEMPHIS RUB RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Web This zesty Memphis rub will bring out the best in ribs and other meats. Try it on chicken!
MEMPHIS-STYLE BARBECUED SPARE RIBS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Web 2011-12-14 · Step 1. Rinse the ribs and pat dry. Massage 1/2 cup of the dry rub over both sides of each slab to coat evenly. Cover and let marinate, refrigerated, for 2 to 3 hours or …
SLOW-SMOKED MEMPHIS-STYLE RIBS BY RAY SHEEHAN — THE SMOKE …
Web 2020-05-20 · The secret to perfecting these Memphis-style ribs is all in the sauce. You must cook them undisturbed for the first 90 minutes to develop the crust, then you can …
MEMPHIS STYLE RIBS - EAT PLUCK
Web Step 1. To prepare the ribs, first remove the membrane from the back side of the ribs (the bone side). Using a paring knife make 2 horizontal cuts along the bones, scoring the …