In nearby Wardsboro, Vermont, they have a fall festival where one of the entrees is this delicious soup. Reheats wonderfully in a slow cooker! -Liz Wheeler, Wilmington, Vermont
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
A pureed vegetable soup can be an impressive, easy and affordable first course for an elegant dinner, or even a light dinner on its own with salad and bread.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Number Of Ingredients 13
Because I have alot of turnips in the garden( and dont particularly like them ) I turned them into soup, and delicious it is too!! It would be very easy to sub other veggies...i.e parsnips, cauliflower etc in place of the turnips..But try it with the turnips first, you will be amazed at how great this is; could easily be served at a dinner party, garnish with drizzled heavy cream and chopped cilantro.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by ChefDebs
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
Another comforting soup. A great way to cook with turnip; a vegetable that not everyone likes, but will not be noticed. Absolutely delicious.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Chouny
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
People also searched
More about "cream of turnip soup recipes"
CREAMY TURNIP SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
2016-06-03 · Directions, Step 1, Peel and slice turnips. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, …
- Peel and slice turnips. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the turnips, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper; stir to combine. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, for 10 minutes.
- Add broth, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook until the turnips are tender, 10 to 12 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, toss the turnip greens (or spinach) in a medium bowl with carrot, scallion greens, vinegar, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Puree the soup in the pan using an immersion blender or transfer to a regular blender and blend until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.) Serve each portion of soup topped with a generous 1/4 cup of the salad.
CREAMY TURNIP SOUP - SPEND WITH PENNIES
2020-11-21 · Turnip soup is so easy to make, it’s ready in no time at all! Sauté onion in oil until tender, add diced veggies, and apple. Combine everything …
- Combine olive oil and onion in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Add all ingredients except cream to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook covered 12-14 minutes or until all vegetables are very tender.
CREAMY TURNIP SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
2008-12-04 · Peel the turnips, chop them into small chunks, and set them aside. Peel and finely chop onions or clean and finely chop leeks. Set aside. Chop …
ROASTED CREAM OF TURNIP SOUP RECIPE - EAT LIKE NO …
2012-03-27 · Print Pin Rate, Ingredients, 2 medium sized turnips peeled & diced, 3 small parsnips peeled & diced, 1 small onion diced, 2 tablespoons butter, olive oil, 5 cups chicken stock, 1 cup heavy cream, freshly ground white pepper to …
CREAM OF TURNIP, POTATO AND LEEK SOUP RECIPE
Leek Soup with Potato and Turnips. 4 medium sized leeks (usually about 1 bunch of leeks) 3 medium russet potatoes. 2 medium turnips. Water. Sea salt. ¼ cup organic heavy cream …
CREAMY CARROT AND TURNIP SOUP - YUMMY ADDICTION
2020-10-23 · Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet and add the leek. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more until fragrant. Add the turnips and cook for 5 minutes …
CREAMY TURNIP SOUP - SLENDER KITCHEN
Creamy Turnip Soup, PREP TIME: 10 Min, COOK TIME: 40 Min, TOTAL TIME: 50 Min, Appetizer, Side Dish, 1 Comment, Diets: Clean Eating, Gluten Free, Healthy Eating, …
CREAM OF TURNIP SOUP RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add leek and shallots; saute 4 minutes. Add turnips; saute 2 minutes. Stir in water and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 …
CREAM OF TURNIP SOUP WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS | RICARDO
Add the turnip and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently and scraping the bottom of the pan so that the milk does not scorch. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently …
CREAM OF TURNIP SOUP RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
Cream of Turnip Soup Recipe, 2 Tbs. olive oil, 2 lb. fresh baby turnips, peeled and diced, 1 small onion, diced (1 cup) 2 bay leaves, 1/4 cup soy creamer, optional, 1/4 cup celery leaves, …
IRISH CREAM OF TURNIP SOUP RECIPE - IRISH FOOD RECIPES
2020-03-02 · How to make Cream of Turnip Soup, Place the celery, onion and leeks into a pot with the butter allow the vegetables to sweat. Once the vegetables have sweated for a few …
CREAM OF TURNIP SOUP - THE INSUFFICIENT KITCHEN
2021-11-15 · In 8 quart/8L soup pot or comparable cooking vessel, melt a generous 2-3 tablespoons butter with a pour of olive oil over medium low heat. Once the butter is melted, …
11 TASTY TURNIP SOUP RECIPES TO CHOOSE FROM - COOKING CHEW
2022-03-09 · Let the soup cool completely before serving. Blend the soup with honey and milk in a blender or food processor. Adjust the seasoning to your liking. Gently reheat the soup and …