I received this recipe a couple of years ago from a friend and get rave reviews from everyone each time I prepare it. It is not only delicious, but very pretty for a holiday table. Great for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by LINDA MAUGERI
Number Of Ingredients 14
Amazingly good cranberry upside-down cake - the first time I made it, I forgot the part where you add the egg whites and it still came out good. But much better with the egg whites. My friend gave this recipe to me and I had it for a while, then I saw a bunch of fresh cranberries on sale so I decided to make it.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by fondantfrenzy
Number Of Ingredients 15
"When I'm rushed for a dessert for a Christmas potluck, I grab the recipe for this old-fashioned cake," writes Ruth Marie Lyons of Boulder, Colorado. A cake mix gets special treatment from walnuts, pineapple and cranberries.
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
The secret to getting the fruit sweet and caramelized in this glistening jewel-like cake is letting it bake and bubble in the cake pan before adding the batter. Since you use only one bowl, cleanup is a breeze.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
People also searched
More about "cranberry walnut upside down cake recipes"
CRANBERRY WALNUT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE | 12 TOMATOES
Nov 15, 2017 · Sprinkle cranberries and walnuts over caramel sauce. Set aside. Mix 1 stick of softened butter with granulated sugar in large bowl until fluffy. …
- Warm 1/2 stick of butter and brown sugar in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until butter melts. Simmer 20 seconds. Pour mixture into prepared cake pan and tilt pan to cover bottom. Sprinkle cranberries and walnuts over caramel sauce. Set aside.
- Mix 1 stick of softened butter with granulated sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and orange extract. Beat until incorporated.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in separate bowl. Mix half of dry ingredients into batter. Beat in half of yogurt and half of milk. Add remaining dry ingredients, remaining yogurt and remaining milk. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
CRANBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
Nov 15, 2019 · 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries 1/2 cup walnuts , chopped 3/4 cup sugar 2 large eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup sour cream 1 1/2 cups flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon ground …
CRANBERRY WALNUT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE
directions TOPPING: Melt butter in 10 inch cast iron skillet and stir in brown sugar and simmer until sugar dissolves. Sprinkle cranberries and walnuts over butter mix and remove from heat. CAKE: Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda …
CRANBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
- Butter a 9-inch cake pan: Generously butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch diameter cake pan.
- Make caramel topping with brown sugar and butter: In a small saucepan, place the 1/4 cup of butter and the 3/4 cups of packed brown sugar. On medium high heat, stir the sugar as the butter melts.
- Pour brown sugar mixture into cake pan and top with cranberries: Pour the brown sugar butter mixture into the prepared cake pan. Spread the cranberries on top of the sugar butter mixture.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves: Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl vigorously whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground cloves.
- Beat butter, add sugar, add eggs, stir in zest: In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until light. Add the sugar and beat together the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Alternate adding sour flour mixture and sour cream, then add milk: Mix a third of the dry ingredients into the mixture. Beat in half of the sour cream. Mix in another third of the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into cake pan and bake: Pour batter over the cranberries in the cake pan, and smooth the surface. Place in the preheated oven and lower the heat from 350°F to 325°F.
- Cool cake in pan, run knife around edge, turn over onto a serving plate: Cool cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Run a blunt knife around the inside rim of the cake pan to loosen the cake from the sides of the pan.
TOP 40 PEAR AND CRANBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPES
Pear-Cranberry Upside-Down Cake Recipe | Martha Stewart . 1 day ago marthastewart.com Show details . Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 6 tablespoons butter and 3/4 cup brown …
CRANBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - RECIPE GIRL®
Nov 11, 2022 · Sprinkle the pecans evenly on top of the cranberries. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and sugar at medium speed until …
CRANBERRY & CARDAMOM UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY …
Place the parchment round into the bottom of the pan. Place the cranberries, ¾ cup sugar, cornstarch and cardamom into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 5-6 times to coarsely chop, …
CRANBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Dec 14, 2011 · Place the pan on a baking sheet; bake the cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a knife …
CRANBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Dec 6, 2022 · Carefully, slowly pour the batter over the cranberry walnut mixture. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then turn a plate/cake …
CRANBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Sep 8, 2022 · Top with pineapple. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and reserved pineapple juice. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into …
CRANBERRY WALNUT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE - FOODHOUSEHOME.COM
Ingredients For cranberry walnut upside down cake 1 1/2 c all purpose flour 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 1 stick unsalted butter, softened 3/4 c granulated sugar …