I was searching for a quick bread recipe without all the time and work it takes to knead dough and then wait for it to rise. I searched Food Network.com and found a recipe for "Beer Bread". Although simple and fast to make, I did not like the taste of it. So I altered the ingredients and experimented a bit and after just two trys, I came up with this version. I was so pleased with it....I felt compelled to share it with others who like me, want a quick homemade bread that everyone will love! Make sure your oven is the required temperature. Let cool before slicing otherwise it will crumble and fall apart. When slicing, use a very sharp knife and saw gently while pressing down to get the best results. This bread is great with stews, chili, heartly soups, and open faced turkey or beef sandwiches. Very filling!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Alznwonderland
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 1 slice, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
"I like to make this bread ahead, then slice, wrap and freeze it," says Davona Henderson of Bountiful, Utah. "When I'm ready to serve it, I just heat up slices at the last minute."
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf.
Number Of Ingredients 8
Since I make this without really measuring, the amounts listed are only estimated but close to what I use when I make this bread, you can adjust the amounts slightly to suit taste, the amounts listed are for two long baguettes but you can reduce the amounts for just one baguette, I serve these at my get togethers so I always make two loaves. You will love this bread.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
People also searched
More about "cheesy onion bread recipes"
CHEESY ONION BREAD - WONKYWONDERFUL
2019-03-18 · Instructions. Saute onions and butter over Medium heat 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown. (stir occasionally) Add a generous pinch of …
- Saute onions and butter over Medium heat 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown. (stir occasionally) Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper at the end.
PULL-APART CHEESY ONION BREAD RECIPE - GRACE PARISI
2013-12-07 · Step 1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Butter a 9-by-4 1/2-inch metal loaf pan. In a large skillet, melt the 1/2 stick of uncubed butter; pour 2 …
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Butter a 9-by-4 1/2-inch metal loaf pan. In a large skillet, melt the 1/2 stick of uncubed butter; pour 2 tablespoons of the melted butter into a small bowl and reserve. Add the chopped onion to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until it is softened, about 8 minutes. Stir in the poppy seeds and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the onion mixture onto a plate and refrigerate for 5 minutes, until cooled slightly. Stir in the Gruyère.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the cubed butter and pulse until it is the size of small peas. Add the buttermilk and pulse 5 or 6 times, just until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface and knead 2 or 3 times. Pat or roll the dough into a 2-by-24-inch rectangle. Spread the onion mixture on top. Cut the dough crosswise into 10 pieces. Stack 9 pieces onion side up, then top with the final piece, onion-side down. Carefully lay the stack in the prepared loaf pan and brush with the reserved butter.
- Bake the loaf in the center of the oven for about 30 minutes, until it is golden and risen. Let the bread cool for at least 15 minutes before unmolding and serving.
FRENCH ONION CHEESY BREAD RECIPE - DELISH.COM
2016-08-26 · Directions. Meanwhile, heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heaet. Add the onions and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Turn down the heat to medium ...
CHEESY ONION BREAD | BREAD MACHINE RECIPES - BREAD …
2017-04-24 · 1 Cup of warm water (110° F.) 1 Teaspoon of Kosher or Sea Salt. 3 Cups of Bread Flour. 3/4 Cups of Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese. 1 Tablespoon Dry Milk. 2 Tablespoons Sugar. 2 Teaspoons of Dried Minced …
BEST FRENCH ONION PULL-APART CHEESY BREAD RECIPE
2018-03-02 · Directions. Preheat oven to 350° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a serrated knife, crosshatch boule, scoring an inch in both directions and making sure to not slice all ...
CHEESY ONION BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2013-03-22 · Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine first 4 ingredients together until well blended. Take a slice of the bread and spread onion mixture thinly, (about 2 tablespoons), on one side of the bread.
CHEESY ONION BREAD - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
2022-02-15 · Instructions. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a standard loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, onions, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Whisk together the milk, egg and butter until completely combined.
PULL-APART CHEESY ONION BREAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Preheat the oven to 425°. Butter a 9-by-4 1/2-inch metal loaf pan. In a large skillet, melt the 1/2 stick of uncubed butter; pour 2 tablespoons of the melted butter into a small bowl and reserve.
CHEESY ONION BREAD - WONKYWONDERFUL | ONION BREAD, WHOLE …
French bread topped with sweet onions sautéed to golden perfection and mozzarella cheese! Wonky Wonderful. 208k followers.
CHEESY ONION BREAD RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
Explore Cheesy Onion Bread Recipe with all the useful information below including suggestions, reviews, top brands, and related recipes,... and more. Vegetarian Recipe. Vegetarian Christmas Dinner Alternatives Lentil Loaf Recipe Vegetarian Vegetarian Cassoulet Recipe Slow Cooker Quick Vegetarian Recipes For Lunch Easy Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes Air Fryer Vegetarian …
CHEESY ONION FOCACCIA BREAD - I AM HOMESTEADER
2021-02-24 · Bread. In a large bowl, combine yeast, water, and sugar. Stir and let it rest for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, and half the salt. Pour half the oil mixture into the yeast mixture. Set the remaining oil mixture aside. Add flour to …
CHEESY ONION BEER BREAD RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
2020-05-17 · How to Make Beer Bread. STEP 1. In large mixing bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cheese and green onions. Using as few strokes as possible, mix in the beer until moistened. STEP 2. Pour thick batter into a greased loaf pan. Drizzle melted butter over the top. STEP 3. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 50 minutes.
CHEESE AND ONION BREAD | BREAD MACHINE RECIPES
2020-12-13 · Cheese and Onion Bread. Again, this makes a two-pound loaf of bread using the basic setting with medium crust. 1 1/8 C. Water 4 1/4 C. Bread Flour 1 Tbsp. Sugar 1 1/2 tsp. Salt 2 Tbsp Olive Oil 1 1/4 C. Cheddar Cheese, Shredded 1/3 C. Red Onion, minced 2 …